1/1 Photo of Bison Meat Loaf #1 (Buffalo)
Whenever possible, I buy grass fed Bison instead of ground beef. The flavor is much sweeter and because of the higher protein content, smaller portions are more satisfying. No antibiotics, no pesticides in the feed, no preservatives and no growth hormones. Even better, less fat, cholesterol and calories PLUS more iron, protein and B-12 than ground beef! A richer flavor and completely HEALTHY! I hope you enjoy this yummy recipe as much as we do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground buffalo meat (Bison)
- 3 garlic cloves (pressed or finely minced)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 medium sweet onion, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Using your hands works best.
- 3Spray a shallow, oval casserole dish or small roasting pan with Pam.
- 4Pat meat mixture into dish/pan.
- 5Lightly spray top of loaf with Pam.
- 6Bake for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours.
- 7Can be served as is or with Italian-style sauce.
Browse Our Top High Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All High Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bison Meat Loaf #1 (Buffalo)
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.7
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 139.1 mg
- Sodium 620.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 37.7 g