Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Whenever possible, I buy grass fed Bison instead of ground beef. The flavor is much sweeter and because of the higher protein content, smaller portions are more satisfying. No antibiotics, no pesticides in the feed, no preservatives and no growth hormones. Even better, less fat, cholesterol and calories PLUS more iron, protein and B-12 than ground beef! A richer flavor and completely HEALTHY! I hope you enjoy this yummy recipe as much as we do.
- 2 lbs ground buffalo meat (Bison)
- 3 garlic cloves (pressed or finely minced)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 medium sweet onion, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon sage
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Using your hands works best.
- Spray a shallow, oval casserole dish or small roasting pan with Pam.
- Pat meat mixture into dish/pan.
- Lightly spray top of loaf with Pam.
- Bake for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours.
- Can be served as is or with Italian-style sauce.
I love a really flavorful meatloaf - generally I make mine with ground turkey. Sprouts had some ground bison on sale, so I figured why not. I found your recipe and was very pleasantly surprised that the meatloaf was not dry when it was done, as has been my experience with bison in the past. It was very tasty served with some brown mustard. Thank you for something new to add to my recipe box!
We really enjoyed this excellent meatloaf. We used more onion-- about 1 small one. DH didn't have his meatloaf with sauce growing up, but I think some spaghetti sauce on top would be nice. I would definitely make this again when I have buffalo meat in the house. It is very easy for a weeknight meal. Thanks!
Very good. DH requested more onion so will do that next time. Topped with spaghetti sauce.