Recipe by ellie_
These simple burgers are good for a simple supper. Recipe source: Prevention (June 2011)
Top Review by KateL
Tasty burger, the jelly added some sweetness without overwhelming. Although I bought ground bison and Trapp's Hot Pepper jelly at Wegman's, next time I will use it on some venison or elk meat: the Worcestershire sauce and the jelly should camouflage gaminess. We used grape tomatoes because regular tomatoes have no taste at this time; I forgot to tell DH to slice them in half vertically so they would lie down better, so let my photo remind you. Made for Newest Zaar Tag game.
- 1 lb ground buffalo meat
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper jelly (we used jalapeno jelly)
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 buns (I used the thin 100 cal buns)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine bison, Worcestershire and the jelly and then form into 4 patties.
- Heat an oiled grill pan or grill to medium heat.
- Grill burger for 3-5 minutes. Flip and top with cheese and then continue cooking for another 3-5 minutes or until done.
- Place burger on bottom bun and top with tomato and other condiments; top with top bun.