Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I grew up with this recipe. It's simple to make, and you can adjust the salt and pepper to your likeness.
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 8 prepared biscuits
- Cook sausage in large skillet, crumbling over medium heat until browned. Stir in flour until dissolved.
- Gradually stir in milk. Cook gravy until thick and bubbly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over hot buttered biscuits.
I was raised on this very recipe and when sausage wasn't available I remember my mother frying bacon until it was crisp then crumbling it up in the skillet. good, good, good!