Recipe by Mrs.Ward
I found this recipe a long time ago and have been making it for my family ever since. Its a nice filling dish that everyone has loved.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb turkey
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (9 ounce) packagemix frozen vegetables
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) refrigerated biscuits
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 dash with oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven 375.
- Grease baking dish.
- In lg. skillet brown ground meat and onions: drain. Stir in water, pepper,tomato sauce and paste. Simmer for about 15 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove from heat stir in veggies and 1 1/2 cups cheese. Spoon mixture into greased baking dish. Separate dough into individual biscuits. Place biscuits around the meat mixture overlapping slightly. Lightly brush biscuits with butter. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and sprinkle with oregano. Bake for 22-27 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown.