Biscuit Topped Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
photo by Mama D
- Ready In:
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins, Cooked and chopped bite size
- 3 cups fresh broccoli, Chopped in bite size florets
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons Wondra Flour
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, Grated and divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, More to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add the onions and cook for 3-4 minutes until the onion begins to soften. Add the flour and stir constantly to keep the mixture smooth. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the milk slowly to the pan, stirring to prevent lumps.Stir in the soup, continuing to stir until it is blended into the milk. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to simmer.Cook about 5 minutes stirring frequently until the sauce is thickened.
- Add one cup of the cheddar cheese and stir until it melts. Add the broccoli, Tabasco, and Worcestershire Sauce to the pan and simmer for 1 minute more.
- Spray a 2-3 quart baking dish with non-stick spray. Put the chicken pieces in the casserole and add the cheese and broccoli mixture. Stir to combine.Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and top the casserole with the biscuits, cutting the biscuits to cover the top if necessary. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the biscuits and return to the oven. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes until the biscuits are well browned and the cheese is melted.
- Allow to rest 10 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I've been cooking for five decades and love to bring my food memories into the recipes that I create. Cooking isn't just looking back, it's being open to the next food adventure.Combining a traditional recipe with new ingredients can result in the perfect storm in <strong><span>Mama D's Kitchen of Love.</span></strong></p>