Recipe by caetb
My favorite recipe from my childhood, this is ultimate comfort food. Try substituting different vegetables for the peas and carrots if you like.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 2 medium carrots, sliced and cooked
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- your favorite biscuit dough (I use my own Low Fat Yogurt Biscuits #38667)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add flour and stir thoroughly.
- Add chicken broth and cook until thickened.
- To the saucepan, add chicken, peas, carrots, onion and salt.
- Heat to boiling.
- Pour into a 1.
- 5 liter casserole.
- Top with uncooked biscuits.
- Bake at 425 8-10 minutes or until the biscuits are done.