Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A great hard biscuit with a twinge of hotness! A staple in Italian delis and "pastosas".
Make and share this Biscotti Di Pepe - Taralli - Italian Pepper Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- Dissolve yeast in water.
- Sift flour salt and pepper onto mixing board.
- Make a well in the center and add yeast and oil.
- Blend together and gradually incorporate into flour.
- The dough will be stiff.
- Knead 10 minutes.
- Place in oiled bowl, turn to coat, cover with towel and let rise until doubled in bulk.
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Break off small pieces of dough and roll into ropes about 6 inches long.
- Form a ring and pinch edges together.
- Place on baking sheet and let rise 20 minutes.
- Brush with oil and bake 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.