Recipe by Alan in SW Florida
A nice addition to your holiday side dishes. It's also a nice summer salad served with cottage cheese on lettuce leaves. Prep time does not include chilling.
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 (3 ounce) packages black cherry gelatin
- 2 cups cola drink
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) canpitted bing cherries, drained and quartered
- 2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 2 1/2 cups of water to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat; remove from heat. Add gelatin, stirring 2 minutes, or until gelatin dissolves.
- Stir cola, cranberry sauce, cherries, and chopped pecans into gelatin mixture.; pour into a lightly greased 12-cup ring mold. Cover and chill 8 hours or until firm.
- Unmold congealed salad onto a serving platter.