Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is just what the name implies a big tossed salad with lots of veggies and chunks of cheese. My niece in-law started making this salad at our family get togethers and it's just wonderful. I actually use the Parmesan Italian dressing from Good Seasons because it has a wonderful flavor. You can use any dressing you want. A balsamic vinaigrette is good too! I buy the bricks of Monterey Jack cheese and cube it myself.
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black olives
- 2 (8 ounce) jars artichoke hearts
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 (15 ounce) cans hearts of palm
- 1 -2 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) bag baby carrots
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese or 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix
- Make Good Seasons dressing according to directions and place in refrigerator.
- Rinse and chopped lettuce(s) and place in extra large bowl. Fill with ice and water and let crisp up for about 10 minutes or until ice melts. Drain well and put in fridge until ready to toss.
- Meanwhile, cube the cheese and chop and slice veggies. I leave the olives, tomatoes and carrots whole. I like to julienne the peppers for this salad.
- Now, just toss all the ingredients together with almost a whole container of dressing. I usually use about 3/4 cup of the dressing. Sprinkle Asiago and/or Parmesan cheese over all and toss.