Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
What more can I say? There's beer in it. Mmm Beer...
Make and share this Big John's Beer Battered Fish recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil in large pan (cast iron) to approximately 400 degrees F.
- Sift together mustard and flour.
- Cut the fish into approximately 2" wide strips.
- With a hand-mixer blend the flour mixture, water, beer, egg, sugar, and salt.
- Dip fillets into the batter mix, coating generously and quickly place into the hot oil.
- Fry until dark golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Serve right away.