Big John's Note:
What more can I say? There's beer in it. Mmm Beer...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in large pan (cast iron) to approximately 400 degrees F.
- 2Sift together mustard and flour.
- 3Cut the fish into approximately 2" wide strips.
- 4With a hand-mixer blend the flour mixture, water, beer, egg, sugar, and salt.
- 5Dip fillets into the batter mix, coating generously and quickly place into the hot oil.
- 6Fry until dark golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- 7Remove and drain on paper towel.
- 8Serve right away.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Big John's Beer Battered Fish
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1479.5
- Calories from Fat 1229
- Total Fat 136.5 g
- Saturated Fat 19.5 g
- Cholesterol 115.4 mg
- Sodium 1360.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 39.0 g