Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
What more can I say? There's beer in it. Mmm Beer...
- 3 cups soya oil
- 2 lbs cod fish fillets
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1⁄3 cup dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1 whole egg
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Heat oil in large pan (cast iron) to approximately 400 degrees F.
- Sift together mustard and flour.
- Cut the fish into approximately 2" wide strips.
- With a hand-mixer blend the flour mixture, water, beer, egg, sugar, and salt.
- Dip fillets into the batter mix, coating generously and quickly place into the hot oil.
- Fry until dark golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Serve right away.