Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
- 3 lbs ground buffalo meat
- 3 poblano peppers, fresh
- 2 medium onions
- 30 ounces Rotel Tomatoes, diced (3 can)
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons new mexico chile powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 fresh lime
- Brown the bison meat.
- Bison is lean and clumpy, so add a little oil and break it up as you brown it.
- Add finely chopped onions and garlic.
- When onions are clear, add tomatoes and spices.
- Add water to barely cover, and simmer until meat is tender.
- Add chopped poblanos for last 20 minutes of simmer, and stir in lime juice before serving.