Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love oatmeal cookies and these are really good. I will take any excuse to get to eat them for breakfast. I'm not really a raisin fan but in these cookies I do. You could probably leave them out but they give that extra sweetness in your bite. Do try and let me know what you think
- 4 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 4 cups quick oats
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup melted vegetable shortening
- 1 cup light molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts
- Combine sugar, shortening, eggs, molasses, raisins and nuts.
- Add dry ingredients and hot water.
- Work the dough till it is well mixed.
- On a floured board roll out a portion of the dough to 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut with 3 1/2 inch cookie cutter.
- Place cookies on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Brush each cookie with water and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in oven at 375 for 8 to 10 minutes.