Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A beef filled pastry.
Make and share this Bierochs recipe from Food.com.
- For filling:.
- Brown chopped onion, ground beef, and cabbage on medium heat until cooked through. Take off heat and salt and pepper, Dijon mustard, and cheddar cheese. Stir until cheese melts.
- For pastry:.
- Place 5 cups of flour, sugar, and 1 package dry active yeast in a bowl. Add the milk, lukewarm, melted butter and eggs. Stir until stiff.
- Knead the dough, let rise 1 hour. Punch down, knead again, punch down.
- Divide your dough into 12 pieces. Roll them into balls, flatten each piece into a circle and fill with 1/4 cup of the filling.
- Close each bieroch by pulling the corners together and then place seam down on baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes or until bread is golden brown at 350°F.
My family LOVED these! The dough was a little sweet, I like it without the sugar. Great for vacuum packing and freezing for a quick lunch
Very good! It reminds me of the Hot Pockets. Instead of making the pastry, I used the jumbo refrigerator biscuits and flattened each one out and filled as directed. I'm sure i'll be making these again!