Prep 3 hrs
Cook 25 mins
A beef filled pastry.
Make and share this Bierochs recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cups cabbage, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups flour
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 8 tablespoons melted butter
- For filling:.
- Brown chopped onion, ground beef, and cabbage on medium heat until cooked through. Take off heat and salt and pepper, Dijon mustard, and cheddar cheese. Stir until cheese melts.
- For pastry:.
- Place 5 cups of flour, sugar, and 1 package dry active yeast in a bowl. Add the milk, lukewarm, melted butter and eggs. Stir until stiff.
- Knead the dough, let rise 1 hour. Punch down, knead again, punch down.
- Divide your dough into 12 pieces. Roll them into balls, flatten each piece into a circle and fill with 1/4 cup of the filling.
- Close each bieroch by pulling the corners together and then place seam down on baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes or until bread is golden brown at 350°F.
My family LOVED these! The dough was a little sweet, I like it without the sugar. Great for vacuum packing and freezing for a quick lunch
Very good! It reminds me of the Hot Pockets. Instead of making the pastry, I used the jumbo refrigerator biscuits and flattened each one out and filled as directed. I'm sure i'll be making these again!