Recipe by A Messy Cook
These yummy blueberry pancakes are great for a special weekend breakfast. Have kids help stir in the blueberries and say the "magic spell!" Original recipe is from JustBerryRecipes.com -- serving size is a guess, I'm not sure how many pancakes this actually makes.
Top Review by KSTETSKO
These were fabulously fluffy!! But I added 3/4c. of Evaporated Milk instead of the low fat milk & I also added a whole chopped up banana as well as the blueberries, and they turned out extremely tasty :) I made them small too (about 3-4" diameter).
- 1 1⁄4 cups unbleached flour or 1 1⁄4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Beat egg and milk together and add to dry ingredients, along with oil: DO NOT OVER MIX. Stir only until dry ingredients are moist.
- Gently fold in blueberries. As you do so (this is the magic part) say three times: "Gobble dee gook with a wooden spoon, The laugh of a toad at the height of the moon!".
- Pour on a hot griddle and watch 'em sizzle. Serve with butter and real maple syrup, or maybe some fresh whipped cream!