Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Betty Lessard's recipe from the Betty's Pies Favorite Recipes cookbook, Duluth, Minnesota.
Key Lime Filling
- 1⁄2 cup key lime juice
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Put sweetened condensed milk into a bowl and slowly add the key lime juice.
- Mix until creamy.
- When creamy add the container of Cool Whip.
- Put into graham cracker crust and refrigerate.
- If desired, garnish with additional Cool Whip and chocolate curls.
- For the graham cracker crust, in a bowl mix the graham cracker crumbs and powdered sugar.
- Melt the butter and add to the cracker crumbs and sugar.
- Mix until blended.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the crumbs for the top (if making another type of pie).
- Pat the balance of the crumbs in bottom and sides of the pie tin.
- Put in the refrigerator to set and get cold.
- You can use this graham cracker crust recipe as with your favorite filling or bake, as with cheesecake.
This pie is really simple and tastey! I used a regular pie shell instead of the graham cracker crust....and it turned out perfect! Thanks for sharing Bec!!!