Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A recipe I haven't made in a while but whenever I do it gets rave reviews. I got it out of our local newspaper.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package mini marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup peanut butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter, divided
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup blanched peanuts
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Place marshmallows, butter, 1 cup peanut butter and 1 cup chocolate chips in a 2 quart glass bowl.
- Microwave on high for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes.
- Stir until smooth.
- Stir in the peanuts, oats, and Rice Krispies cereal until well coated.
- Spread into a buttered 9x13 baking pan.
- Scrape bowl clean.
- In the same bowl, place remaining 1 cup chocolate chips, 2 Tablespoons peanut butter and 1 cup butterscotch chips.
- Microwave on high for 1-1/2 minutes.
- Stir until smooth.
- Spread on top of mixture in baking pan.
- Let stand until firm before cutting into bars.
After making these great chocolate tasties, a handful of them went to a chocoholic friend, a good number were shared at one of the monthly meetings we attend, & the rest were just for the 2 of us for a wonderful chocolate hit. I followed the recipe right on down this first time around, & although I absolutely loved 'em, I see the possibilities for making a variety of bars, subbing peanut butter or even white chocolate chips for the butterscotch or, as another reviewer suggested, milk chocolate instead of semi-sweet! However it's done, though, this recipe is a definite keeper, & I thank you for sharing it! [Tagged & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]
Wonderful treat! Made for a girl's weekend. So easy to make. You would think when you taste them that it took awhile to make but I think it only took about 10 minutes total. Can't wait to make these again.
CoffeeB these are fantastic goodies. I made a half recipe and put it in an 8x8" pan. I did use the advice of the other reviewer and chopped the peanuts a bit before mixing them in. Very easy to make and basically is a recipe that would be difficult to mess up. Thanks for sharing this delightful recipe in the tag game forum.