Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I stumbled across this recipe in a crock pot magazine and now I won't make pot roast any other way.
- 1814.36-2267.96 g beef roast
- 473.18 ml beef broth
- 473.18 ml ketchup
- 118.29 ml cider vinegar
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 88.74 ml brown sugar
- 5 carrots, chopped
- 5 celery ribs, chopped
- Season both sides of roast with salt and pepper.
- Combine broth, ketchup, vinegar, onions, garlic, and sugar in slow cooker.
- Add roast and top with carrots and celery.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, until meat is tender.
Very good roast! Made as written and added a little cornstarch slurry to the sauce to thicken it up a little. Was a great Sunday dinner. Made and reviewed for 2012 Spring PAC.
This is so good!..Everyone in my family loves it... and so easy.... put it on in the morning and dinner is made.
This was awesome! We loved it. I used a 3 lb roast and set the servings to 8 for extra gravy. Cooked on low for 8 hours. It was a little sweet for me so I will reduce the ketchup next time. This will be my" go to" Pot Roast