1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Jenny White's Note:
This has to be the BEST old time pound cake ever. It is so dense and has a crunchy crust. A favorite in our family. This cake is often requested for birthdays. It is great with fruit and whipped cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream together sugar, margarine and Crisco.
- 2Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- 3In a separate bowl, mix the flours together.
- 4Add flours to the cream mixture, alternating with the milk.
- 5Add the vanilla.
- 6Beat for 10 minutes, scraping down the bowl several times.
- 7Pour into greased and floured tube pan.
- 8Place in a COLD oven.
- 9Bake at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour to 1 hour 30 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean. Note: Sometimes this cake has taken up to 2 hours to bake. It all depends on the oven. You don't want to raise the oven temperature because the crust won't form properly.
- 10Allow cake to cool in pan for 30 minutes and then run a butter knife around the edges before removing it from the pan.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Better Than Grandma's Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 563.1
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 90.9 mg
- Sodium 415.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 50.3 g
- Protein 6.6 g