1/1 Photo of Better Than a Jar Spaghetti Sauce
1 hr 20 mins
These hands can cook's Note:
I've made this spaghetti sauce several times when we've had guests over for dinner parties. Always great the first, second and third time around.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g ground beef (or 4 Italian sausage links cooked and cut into bite size pieces)
- 2 (822.13 g) can diced tomatoes
- 170.09 g can tomato paste
- 425.24 g can tomato sauce
- 78.07 ml merlot (or red cooking wine)
- 4.92 ml cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 283.49 g button mushrooms (whole or sliced)
- 4.92-9.85 ml salt (or to taste)
- 4.92 ml pepper (or to taste)
- 7.39 ml oregano, ground
- 7.39 ml basil, ground
- 9.85 ml thyme
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 1Brown ground beef and onion and drain.
- 2Add zucchini and peppers to ground beef and cook for about 2 minutes stirring well.
- 3Add wine to ground beef mixture and simmer for another 2 minutes, stir well.
- 4Add rest of ingredients to hamburger mixture.
- 5Simmer for 1-2 hours.
- 6Serve on penne pasta or spaghetti noodles.
- 7This can also be made in the crock pot. Cook the first three steps on the stove and add to the crock pot when completed. Add all other ingredients to crock pot, cover and cook for 6-8 hours.
Browse Our Top Savory Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Better Than a Jar Spaghetti Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.5
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 1346.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 19.8 g