1/3 Photos of Better Squash Casserole (No Bread Crumbs, Crackers or Stuffing!)
This has been a staple side dish at every holiday meal for my whole life and I could not believe that it had not been reproduced on Recipezaar! I usually take the leftovers home and eat it by the bowl! NOTE This is a recipe that I do by taste so do not feel confined by these measurements i.e. add more squash for leftovers, if you want it cheesier add more cheese, you can't go wrong. Also, I use 1 bag of Pre-Shredded Mexican Cheese Mix, but any mild cheese (Mild Cheddar, Jack, American) should work.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat Oven to 350°F.
- 2Chop yellow squash and onion into small, uniform pieces.
- 3Add the squash and onion to a medium sized pot and cook in the butter over medium heat until soft and mushy.
- 4Season cooked mixture to taste.
- 5Beat the egg with a fork and add it to the squash mixture.
- 6Add one cup of shredded cheese to the mixture and stir until melted and mixed.
- 7Pour mixture into casserole dish and top with remaining cheese.
- 8Bake for 30 min or until cheese lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Better Squash Casserole (No Bread Crumbs, Crackers or Stuffing!)
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.6
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 113.1 mg
- Sodium 689.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 16.6 g