- 3⁄4 lb ground beef or 3⁄4 lb turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, cut up
- 1 (16 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 -3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan cook ground beef/turkey, onion, green pepper, and garlic till meat is brown.
- Drain fat.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes, kidney beans, tomato sauce, chili powder, basil, salt and pepper.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover; simmer for 20 minutes.
- Makes 4 main-dish servings.