Recipe by Chef Canada Umami
Old family favourite - updated!
Top Review by Nif
Very nice! I used 1 1/2 cup of 1% milk and it turned out perfectly. That was a lot of berries, but we don't have much left at all! We used pure Canadian maple syrup on these and served them with bacon. Made for my adopted baby for Fall PAC 2009. Thanks! :)
- 2 -4 teaspoons becel margarine
- 6 large eggs, free range
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, organic
- 2 cups soy eggnog or 2 cups soymilk, creamy
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar, to taste
- 1 (600 g) package mixed berries, frozen
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325-350 degrees celcius.
- Grease baking pan with margarine.
- Whisk together eggs, soy milk, & vanilla
- Place bread in shallow baking pan 3-4 slices across (a little squishing is okay).
- Pour egg mixture over bread - ensuring that all pieces are covered.
- Sprinke with spices.
- Place on middle oven rack & bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Plate up with mixed berries sprinkled with a bit of powdered sugar (to taste).