1/4 Photos of Best Vegetarian Pot Stickers
1 hr 30 mins
Izzy Knight's Note:
If you like Chinese dumplings, these vegetarian pot stickers will blow your mind!! They are very easy to make (contrary to what people may think) and dumpling skins are available even in Western supermarket now. This recipe should use up one package of round dumpling skin and enough to serve a big crowd as appetizers. You can make these dumplings way ahead of time and defrost and pan-fry them just before serving. A recipe by Ming Tsai.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushroom
- 1 cup white cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup chopped garlic sprouts or 1 cup chives
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 package wonton skins, also called gyoza
- canola oil
- 1In a wok or large saute pan, add a little oil and saute onions and ginger.
- 2Add the mushrooms and stir.
- 3Add the cabbage, carrots and chives.
- 5When mixture is soft, place in colander to drain.
- 6Add the sesame oil and cilantro when mixture is cooled.
- 7Check for seasoning.
- 8Using the gyoza skins, make half moon dumplings keeping the bottom flat.
- 9In a hot non-stick pan, coat with oil and place dumplings.
- 10When bottom gets brown, add 1/4 cup of water and immediately cover.
- 11This will steam the dumplings.
- 12Carefully watch the dumplings and completely evaporate the water so that the bottom gets crispy again and sticks to the pot.
- 13Serve hot with soy sauce and vinegar for dipping.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Vegetarian Pot Stickers
Serving Size: 1 (14 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7.6
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: