Recipe by Sureglad
Wonderfully spicy, moist and juicy. These are the best! I found this recipe on Simply Recipes and adjusted it to my taste. Great with sweet potato fries.
Top Review by JustJanS
These burgers were great, and spicy and moist as promised, My only complaint was I couldn't have told you (except I made them) if the meat was turkey, veal, chicken or pork as all the flavours in there overpowered the turkeyness of them. I will make these again, trying different meats with the seasonings.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2-3 teaspoons TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 2 green onions, minced, white and green parts
- 4 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (or more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper (or more)
- 4 hamburger buns, lightly toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare your grill (either charcoal or gas) for direct high heat. Or right before cooking, heat a griddle or large cast iron frying pan on the stovetop.
- Combine the turkey, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, chives, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, chili sauce, basil, salt and pepper in a large bowl and work the mixture with your hands to just mix. Do not over mix or the burgers will be tough. Form the mixture into 4 1-inch thick patties.
- Season both sides of the patties with salt and pepper. Grill them for 5-7 minutes on each side, until the internal temperature of the patties reach 170°F on a meat thermometer.
- Turkey burgers should be cooked through, not rare. Toward the end of the cooking, put the buns on the grill to toast for about a minute. Remove the burgers from the grill to a platter, cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite condiments.