1/4 Photos of Best Peanut Butter Cookies Ever
veg head 4-ever's Note:
These cookies have been loved by the most anti-peanut butter cookie people. The trick is twice as much peanut butter as your average-joe cookie recipe, and some leavening changes to help turn out a thick, chewy cookie. And the peanut butter matters... I use Adams brand natural organic peanut butter (you can pour out some of the oil if you want), or you can make your own at a health food store like Wild Oats or Whole Foods.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- 2Beat together the butter, peanut butter, and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla, then egg and egg yolk. Gradually beat in the flour mixture.
- 3Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, or about 2 hours.Take over-filled tablespoonfuls of dough and drop onto greased/floured cookie sheet about 3 inches apart. Lightly press down each cookie. Using a dinner fork dipped in cold water, lightly press cookies, flattening and forming a criss-cross pattern on each cookie. They won't flatten much more in baking so they should already look cookie-ish.
- 4Bake at 375° until golden brown, or about 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for a minute; transfer to rack to cool completely.
- 5Makes about 1 1/2 dozen big peanut butter cookies.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Peanut Butter Cookies Ever
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.6
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 32.4 mg
- Sodium 126.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 3.9 g