These are always a hit with everyone!
Make and share this Best Ever Sloppy Joes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- In Dutch oven, cook beef, onion, celery, and green pepper until meat is done; drain.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- ;mix well.
- Simmer for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Absolutely delicious! Unfortunately I only got to eat one sandwich, cause hubby and son wolfed it down. Not even any leftovers! I put the diced tomatoes in the blender for a few secs and passed it off as New and Improved Manwich! Didn't tell them till they finished it was homemade! Will be making this alot Inez. Thanks for posting! :)
OK, Inez, this is no longer a "one-hit wonder". We've made this twice now, have loved it and I just forgot to review it. It's easy and deee-licious ... beats the heck out of Manwiches!
This is much better than Manwhich-so fresh tasting. My kids weren't so keen on the chunks of tomato so I think next time I will give them a little smoother texture by throwing the canned tomatoes in the food processor for a few seconds.