Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Delicious, lowfat bean soup with a Mexican seasoning. This is my kids favorite! I always double the recipe and freeze in small containers so they can take out and microwave. Very low in fat and delicious! Quick and easy too!
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup fat free ranch dressing
- 1 (26 ounce) jar picante sauce
- 2 whole wheat tortillas, shredded into bite size pieces
- 2 cups fat-free cheddar cheese
- 2 cups water (or more if you like it really soupy)
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients except cheese in large pot.
- Cook for approximately 30 minutes.
- Add cheese and continue cooking until cheese is melted.
I tried this recipe today and was very pleased with it. I only put in 1 of the tortillas and only added a little more than 1 c. of water( my husband likes a soup thick with veggies). It had a good flavor and when I asked my dh if it was a keeper, he said yes,its a keeper, so thats all I needed to know I will be fixing this a lot in the winter. Thanks Christyann for a healthy recipe with lots of fiber.
hubby was thrilled for this recipe...he thought it was the est mexican dish hes tried in quite a while
This was a really great soup! I cooked b/l s/l chicken breast in my crockpot with broth and the taco seasoning and shredded it. An hour before eating I added everything else and all of the beans...two cans of everything and did I make a bunch of soup! I added the chicken because we like meat. Thanks for the great recipe!