Prep 40 mins
Cook 50 mins
Even though my DH does not like pasta dishes, he loves this one. It's great served with french bread and wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 (1 lb) can tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) package lasagna noodles, cooked to directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown meat in skillet with onion, and garlic, cooking slowly.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, olives, seasonings, sugar, and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes In separate bowl beat eggs, and blend in cottage cheese.
- In a greased 2 qt casserole layer 1/2 of the meat sauce, 3-4 noodles, 1/2 cottage cheese, 1/2 mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layers and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes.
This was a good lasagna recipe, enjoyed it. I did use ricotta cheese instead of the cottage cheese, just a personal perference. I liked the addition of black olives. I will add it to my long list od lasagna recipes.
Totally divine! I served this for "Saturday Lunch at the Farm" this past weekend. I personally love the addition of cottage cheese, in fact I have always used this for preparing lasagna. I followed this exactly right down to the black olives, and also was able to use fresh oregano and basil. This really turned out beautifully, nice and bubbly and made wonderful lovely layers. I also used canned tomatoes from the garden and this was so great, we had nothing left but an empty baking dish. Thanks so much, ~Nimz~ will make again, and often!
This is very filling. 12 ounces of noodles weighed out to be 12 lasagna noodles. So I put 4 per layer and spread the meat mixture very thin. I used Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese for the top. Oh yes, I did not use the olive because of my picky DD. Made for *1-2-3 Hit Wonders* game 2007