Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
The combination of sweet, tart, and the crunch from pecans...yummy. When I first saw these I thought, what a good fall recipe. Now I realize any day is a good day for these! I always double these. They usually go very fast but if not I refrigerate the dough for later use (up to 1 week)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (use stick margarine not tubs)
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup vanilla chip
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Cream margarine, shortening and sugars.
- Then add eggs, then vanilla.
- Next dry ingredients and then chips, nuts and cranberries.
- Use medium cookies scoop and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes. Do not over bake, cookies should be moist and chewy.
Really good! Great mix of flavours. Remind me of Christmas!
A very good cookie. I left out the vanilla chips and used butter instead of margarine.
Super delicious cookies! I loved the chocolate and vanilla combination, along with the sweet tartness of the cranberries. My cookies also spread a little more than I would like. I wonder if it would help to use 3/4 cup shortening, and 1/4 cup margarine? I might try that next time, although the cookies are really good as is! Thanks!