Monster Chocolate Chip Cookies
photo by grumpychef
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray cookie sheets with baking spray.
- toast pecans in oven or in saucepan over medium heat.
- cream shortening, butter, and sugars.
- add eggs and vanilla.
- combine dry ingredients (3-1/2 cups flour, salt, and baking soda). Add them to the creamed mixture and stir well.
- Stir in toasted pecans and chocolate chips.
- Dip a 1/4 cup baking scoop into a bowl of extra flour, tap excess flour off the scoop (this will prevent dough from sticking to the scoop, redip in flour as needed).
- drop cookie dough by 1/4 cupfuls onto greased cookie sheet at least 2 inches apart.
- bake 13-15 minutes (13 for chewier cookie, 15 for crisper cookie).
- cool on cookie sheet for about 5 minutes before removing from the baking sheet.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yum! I just pulled these out of the oven and they are divine! I really like the crispness that the shortening gives the outside of the cookie, almost like pie crust. The only change I'll make next time is to add a bit more salt, maybe another 1/4 tsp. I split this recipe in half and got 10 giant cookies. Thanks for the recipe!