The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
photo by Breeze144
- Ready In:
- In large mixing bowl, cream together sugars and oil.
- Beat in one egg at a time.
- Blend in vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients in order listed,mixing after each.
- Dough will be sticky Mixing this dough gets tough as you add the last half of flour.
- You may need to change your mixer to dough hooks in the end, before you add the choc chips & pecans -- If you have a super heavy duty mixer you could easily double the recipe, otherwise it's better mixed in two separate batches.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or longer for ease of handling.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes on middle rack in oven preheated to 350 degrees.
- Let stand for two minutes; remove to wire.
- racks to cool completely.
- Notes: For best results, bake cookies on a pizza stone.
- You may have to increase the baking time to about 11 minutes, but do not overbake, as they will continue to harden after removing from oven.
- Bake only one sheet at a time.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These cookies are the best I have made and my office loved them. They asked for the recipe as well so they can make them for their friends and family. They are very addictive and my co-workers cleaned out the whole batch in less than 2 hours. They keep asking me to make more and when will I bring them in! Great cookies! Now I have too many friends!
Excellent cookies! I have to admit, I only use butter in cookies, so my expectations were not very high with this recipe. However, they are really, really good...tender without being cakey, slightly crisp on the outside. They stay pliable when cool, unlike Toll House which seem to turn to crisp little hockey pucks. The tops get a bit crinkley and the cookies are very attractive. As an added bonus, lots healthier than my regular butter version. I was a skeptic, but we'll be having these again and again! Thanks for posting!!UPDATE: The last time I made these I used 2 c whole wheat pastry flour and 1 1/2 c unbleached to make it a little healthier and it worked really well. We still ate them by the handful! Great recipe! Thanks!
These were excellent! I used a cookie sheet and had great results. The one tray I did with the pizza stone puffed up in the center, did not have flat bottoms, and sunk into my racks. My only modification was to use a cup of butterscotch chips instead of nuts and they were terrific. My son is on a special gluten free dairy free diet so this recipe is perfect since it is already dairy free. Next time I try it I'll use GF flour and hopefully I'll get equally good results!