Recipe by Kitchen_Kouture
I think I got this recipe from The Neeleys, on Food Network. My daughter fell in love with the cupcakes and requested them for her 8th birthday party. This makes 2 dozen. I am not a coconut fan but love these cupcakes.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 5 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line muffin pan with liners.
- Blend all cupcake ingredients in a mixer.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full.
- Bake 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Mix all frosting ingredients together except coconut.
- Frost cupcakes and top with toasted coconut.