Irish Rose's Note:
My sister loved to make breakfast casseroles and they were always so good. This is one she made for us that was incredibly delicious. It can also be made two days in advance but CANNOT be frozen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 dozen egg, beaten
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1Cheese sauce.
- 2Melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and mix well. Allow to bubble for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in milk. Return to heat and cook until thickened. Add cheese and salt and pepper. Stir until cheese melts.
- 3Set aside and start on casserole.
- 4Saute onions in butter, add eggs and scramble until soft. Do not overcook. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper. Fold in prepared cheese sauce and crumbled bacon. Spoon into lightly greased 9x13 baking dish.
- 5Cover with plastic wrap and chill until ready to bake.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Serves 8.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best-Ever Breakfast Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 526.8
- Calories from Fat 414
- Total Fat 46.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.5 g
- Cholesterol 326.5 mg
- Sodium 966.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 21.2 g