Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The title kinda says it all... Yummy
Make and share this Best Ever BLT recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 slices thick white bread
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 basil leaves
For the Dressing
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche or 2 tablespoons cottage cheese or 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil to a medium heat, and fry the bacon for about 6 minutes, turning once until crisp.
- Meanwhile, for the dressing, add the mayo, creme fraiche (or whatever you're using), with the other dressing ingredients. Mix well until well combined. Keep in the fridge until needed.
- Drain the bacon on some paper towel, Lightly toast the bread. Until just golden brown.
- Spread the mayo mixture evenly over each slice of toast. Layer lettuce leaves, tomato slices, bacon, and basil leaves over 4 of the slices of bread. Then top with the others, making four sandwiches.