Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The title kinda says it all... Yummy
Make and share this Best Ever BLT recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 slices thick white bread
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 basil leaves
For the Dressing
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche or 2 tablespoons cottage cheese or 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil to a medium heat, and fry the bacon for about 6 minutes, turning once until crisp.
- Meanwhile, for the dressing, add the mayo, creme fraiche (or whatever you're using), with the other dressing ingredients. Mix well until well combined. Keep in the fridge until needed.
- Drain the bacon on some paper towel, Lightly toast the bread. Until just golden brown.
- Spread the mayo mixture evenly over each slice of toast. Layer lettuce leaves, tomato slices, bacon, and basil leaves over 4 of the slices of bread. Then top with the others, making four sandwiches.
The dressing for the BLT sandwich was okay. I generally add a slice of cheese to my BLT's and the cottage cheese really didn't add anything so far as flavor goes. The basil ...well I didn't add the leaves to the sandwich, although I did add some (to taste) chopped basil to the dressing. I didn't have any lime juice so I used 1 tsp apple cider vinegar in its place. I did crush a clove of garlic, but only used part of it as I am not to keen on anything with a strong garlic taste....and this was one large clove of garlic.....the garlic flavor was there. Generally, it was pretty good, BUT...when I make a BLT it is usually because I want something quick and doesn't take too much prep time......and a swish of plain old Hellmann's Mayo is the way I still will be inclined to go.