Prep 45 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a recipe that my daughter and I came up and it is now the favourite stroganoff recipe in our family!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb beef tenderloin, cut into thin strips (or other tender cuts of beef)
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons beef bouillon powder
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 10 ounces sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 cups sour cream
- Brown meat in oil in large frying pan.
- Add 3 tbsp flour, garlic salt and pepper and add to meat.
- Continue cooking and stirring until flour begins to brown in pan.
- Add water and stir into mixture.
- Make paste of remaining 3 tbsp flour and i cup of the milk, adding milk gradually to the flour in order to prevent lumps. Add paste to the meat mixture as it cooks.
- Use spatula to scrape pan clean, gathering all of the browned bits into the mixture.
- Add remaining milk, beef bouillon, and mushrooms and cook about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. (Make sure that all of the bouillon has dissolved.).
- Add sour cream and stir in thoroughly.
- Bring to serving temperature. (Don't boil!).
- Serve over hot, cooked broad noodles.