Recipe by faithbringshope
Another recipe I've improved on over the years. It just keeps getting better all the time. Sorry guys, but I don't measure. I'll try my best to give a rough idea.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 -2 cooking onion
- 1 green pepper
- 2 -4 portabella mushrooms or 2 -4 mushrooms, of choice
- 2 stalks chopped celery
- chopped garlic
- salt and pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons cumin
- 4 -5 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (19 ounce) cansdrained kidney beans
- 2 (14 ounce) cansbrown pork and beans in tomato sauce or 2 (14 ounce) cansmaple beans
- taco chips (optional)
- shredded cheddar cheese or cheese, of choice
- chopped green onion
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in large pot and drain grease. Stir in fresh diced veggies and cook till tender. Add chopped garlic, Worcestershire, and about half bottle or more of beer. Allow to simmer down some and stir.
- Drain kidney beans and add with diced tomatoes, brown beans and spices. Give an occasional stir and let simmer for at least one hour. The longer it stays on the stove simmering the better.
- •Optional ideas: Add grated cheese to top off chili with crushed taco chips, chopped green onion and a dollop of sour cream, or just try one or two of these extras of your choice.