Recipe by MelinOhio
I love carrot cake, I have made several. I liked this cake and that frosting so I combined recipes to end up with this one. ( My favorite), When I make this I even have it for breaskfast with coffee. YUM
Top Review by Marilusa
Excelent carrot cake! I just reduced a little of the sugar, instead of 2 cups I used 1 1/2 cups. For the icing I also reduced sugar and a little of the butter. Next time I will try with a chocolate icing. Anyway, the cake is very good by itself, with or without any icing... Thanks Melody H.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 cups carrots (shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Combine oil and sugar, mix well.
- Add one egg at a time mixing well after each addition.
- Gradually add dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Fold in carrots.
- Bake in greased and floured 9 x 13 pan for 50-60 minutes.
- ICING: Combine butter and cream cheese.
- Beat until light.
- Gradually add powered sugar while beating.
- Add vanilla and nuts, mix well.
- Spread on cooled cake.