Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a wonderful recipe, taken from the Wilton Cake Decorating pamphlet. I've tweaked it a little. Icing can be used immediately, or refrigerated for up to two weeks (rewhip before using).
- Cream butter and shortening with electric mixer.
- Add vanilla.
- Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed.
- Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often.
- When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear dry.
- Add milk and beat at medium until light and fluffy.