Recipe by M Harris
Delicious! Great for holidays, potlucks, and BBQ's. Feeds a crowd! Splenda brown can be substitued for brown sugar reducing calories.
- 6 (15 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1 tablespoon hickory barbecue sauce
- 10 -15 Little Smokies sausages, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain liquid from 3 cans of beans, reserving juice from other three.
- Combine ingredients and pour into greased baking dish. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour. Remove foil.
- Reduce heat to 275 and bake uncovered for an additional 20-30 minutes till thick and bubbly.
- Remove from oven. Will thicken more as it cools.