Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I am not sure where I got this recipe. I found it in my drawer so I gave it a try and it was delicious. DH said I should post it and see what everyone else thought too.
- 3⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄3 cup instant mashed potatoes
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- Place liquids in bread machine first.
- Add the salt.
- Add 2 cups of bread flour.
- Add potatoes, sugar, cheddar cheese and onion. Add 1 cup of bread flour.
- Make a small hole in top of the flour and add yeast.
- Close and set your bread machine for basic bread.
- Hit the start button.
I've made this bread a few times now and love it! My husband really likes it too. This last time I didn't have enough heavy cream and used 3/4 cup sour cream and 3/4 cup water. That seemed to intensify the flavour. Love the hint of cheese, potato and onion, blends nicely together.
We enjoyed this bread very much (my lunchtime sandwich today is cheese and marmite on this bread, very nice :lol:) Easy to make and full of flavour, I will make it again. Thanks, Marsha!
this was a breeze to make, and came out with a consistency and velvety texture, which far surpasses any bread i've ever made! i'll add more potato flakes next time, just cuz i love potatoes. this was excellent, and i'll make it with pure confidence every time, and that will be often. steven.