Recipe by Maqua
Living in Texas, I was introduced to the breakfast taco. This is the easy, tasty recipe I concocted for myself to enjoy at home. Guests always love them.
- 1 lb breakfast sausage or 1 lb bacon
- 8 -12 eggs
- 8 -12 teaspoons milk (1 tsp per egg)
- finely chopped onion, to taste
- finely chopped red peppers or green pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch cilantro
- 1 (4 ounce) bagshredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (18 ounce) package flour tortillas
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa (I use Green Mountain Gringo, Hot)
- 8 ounces sour cream (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat refried beans in saucepan on stove; low heat.
- Cook meat on low heat on stovetop.
- Break eggs into large bowl; add milk, veggies& spices as desired.
- Coat frying pan with cooking spray& heat on medium.
- Pour in egg mixture.
- Scramble, using a rubber spatula.
- This makes the egg mixture extra soft.
- Sprinkle cheese on eggs.
- Heat each tortilla 15 seconds in microwave on plate; or cover and heat in 170 degree oven during preparation.
- Top heated tortilla with beans, meat,& eggs.
- Spoon on salsa to your taste.
- Top with sour cream if desired.
- It is difficult not to overfill, but try.