Recipe by ReadySetBake3
This was a recipe that I found and tried a week ago, I tried the original recipe tweaked it and here's my versions. I promise that if you follow my exact recipe and instructions there will be no regrets! This cake is very moist. Everyone will love it and it won't last long! (P.S. Might want to make a couple!) Don't forget to rate and leave comments. ***FOR A MORE MOIST CAKE USE 1 Tbsp. lemon extract & 1 1/2 cups 7-Up***
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon extract
- 1 cup carbonated lemon-lime beverage, room temperature (7-Up preferred)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter, shortening, and sugar together beating until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, blending well after each.
- Beat in the flour.
- Beat in the extracts.
- Beat in the 7-Up.
- Blend well, DO NOT OVER MIX!
- Pour the batter into a well-greased and floured or non-stick pan and bake at 325 degrees F for 60 to 90 minutes.