Best 7-Up Pound Cake
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups unbleached flour (Cake Flour Was Not Specified)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon extract
- 1 cup 7-Up soda (Room Temperature)
- This is an old recipe that comes from a request in the local paper for.
- "Classic Recipes".
- They called the 7-Up bottling company and they did not even know about it. Someone developed this on their own and never let the company know about it. BTW 7-Up comes from the popular card game in the 1930's.
- Cream the margarine, shortening and sugar together beating until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, blending well after each addition.
- Beat in the flour, then beat in the extract and 7-Up.
- Blend well.
- Pour the batter into a well-greased and floured tube pan and bake at 325 degrees F for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- From The Rocky Mountain News "Food Fare" MMMMM MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.02.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is the BEST pound cake ever!!! You will not be disappointed at all. I even used regular all purpose flour and it worked out just fine:) When I made the first pound cake during Christmas, it was gone in 24 hours. I made another one the next day. It is great with or without a glaze. I did make a glaze--absolutley delicious!!!<br/>That is why this cake has 5 stars--I give it a 10:)
This is one of my families favorite pound cakes. I use all butter instead of butter with shortening. I can't imagine it being better using shortening. I also add a tbsp of vanilla flavoring because we love vanilla and it gives the cake even more flavor. Lastly, I add a powered sugar glaze with 7-up and lemon vanilla in it. I have also just added powered sugar when I don't have time to make the glaze. This cakes is amazing and also sell this cake and it is one of the most requested. Add a pinch of salt to the flour. Also, I alternate the flour with the 7-up ending with flour. Most cakes use this method and I figured I would too. It absolutely works. I highly recommend this cake.