Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
BH&G Recipe - kinda like a crepe.
- 1 nonstick cooking spray
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups assorted fresh berries (such as raspberries, blueberries, and or or sliced strawberries)
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Lightly coat six 6-ounce individual quiche dishes with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan; set aside. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, granulated sugar, vanilla, and salt; whisk until light and frothy. Whisk in milk until combined. Add flour and baking powder; whisk until smooth.
- Divide berries among prepared quiche dishes. Pour batter over berries. (Batter will not cover berries completely.) Bake about 20 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Serve warm. If desired, sift powdered sugar over each serving.
This recipe also appears in Diabetic Living, and its exchanges are 1.5 carbs, .5 fruit. Carb Choices: 2.
This was pretty good. The batter was very watery so it went to the bottom which caused a nice layer around the berries.(I used froxen berries) I also had to bake mine more than 20 minutes, 30-35 minutes. Other than that, everything was good! Thanks for the recipe!