Recipe by MicDoc
A recipe from Taste of Home I want to try soon. You can't go wrong with brownies.
Top Review by Dominick & Amanda
I've been wanting to try a recipe that I have that is just like this. The one I have doesn't call for any whipped topping though. I'm assuming it would be fine to leave it out. The only real difference is it calls for 1/2 cup apple jelly. After Spreading the cream cheese mixture then arranging the berries on top of it you are supposed to stir the jelly until it's smooth then brush it over the berries (strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries). Then refrigerate as this recipe instructs.
- 1 (20 ounce) package fudge brownie mix (13x9 inch size)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped unblanched almonds
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups whipped topping
- mixed fresh berries
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare brownies according to package directions for fudge-like brownies, adding almonds and extract.
- Spread into a greased 14 inch pizza pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes until toothpick inserted new center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and lemon peel until smooth.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread over crust to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Top with berries.
- Refridgerate for 2-3 hours before serving.