Recipe by Cook Food Mood
From the back of Pampas butter puff pastry. Have yet to try it though but it does look great with warm custard and oozing berry sauce.
- 1 sheet butter puff pastry, thawed
- 1 beaten egg, for glazzing
- 2 -3 teaspoons jam, of any berry variety
- 1⁄2 dozen strawberry
- 500 g frozen mixed berries
- 1⁄2 cup warm custard
- orange rind, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200 deg celsius.
- Cut pastry sheet into 8 rectangles.
- Place on lightly greased oven tray.
- Glaze with beaten egg.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Melt jam in a saucepan over low heat.
- Add sliced strawberries and other berries, heating gently until softened.
- Place 1 baked pastry pastry on each serving plate. Top with berry mixture.
- Top with another baked pastry and pour warm custard over the top.
- Bring water and sugar to boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved, add orange rind and cook 5 minutes.
- Garnish with orange rind on top of custard.