Recipe by SusieQusie
Recipe from Whole Foods Market - Blueberries add a burst of sweet, acidic flavor and significant antioxidant nutrition. The olive oil and orange juice dressing is enlivened by lemon thyme leaves. Add grilled or broiled chicken or tempeh for a heartier meal.
Top Review by Jewels in Woodinville, WA
I made this salad for a summer patio lunch with friends. It was very pretty and yummy and something a little different which is always nice. I wanted a little more tang with the dressing so I added some white wine vinegar which went nicely. This gave me a reason to use the Lemon Thyme I have growing on my patio. Thanks Susie!
- 8 cups loosely packed baby greens or 8 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbles
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot (optional)
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup toasted almond, slivered
Directions See How It's Made
- Place greens, blueberries, blue cheese and red onion in a serving bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together olive oil, orange juice, lemon thyme leaves, shallot if desired, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss salad with the dressing and garnish with roasted, sliced almonds.