Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from the Jan 03 Best Recipes cookbooklet, Holiday Party Appetizers. Preparation time does not include time needed to chill.
- 8 ounces frozen strawberries, thawed
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- In food processor or blender, process strawberries until smooth.
- In a small bowl beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Stir in sour cream, processed strawberries & sugar.
- Cover & refrigerate until ready to serve with assorted fries, fruit dippers or cake cubes.
This dip was so good. I served this as an after-school snack, served with some dried apple chips and bagel chips, but it would be just as great with so many other things. The list is endless. Thanks for sharing your recipe, Sydney Mike. Made for the "Please Review My Recipe" tag game.
I don't usually make fruit dips so this was a nice treat. I used full fat cream cheese and sour cream, and reduced the recipe to a quarter size. The strawberry was a bit light so added a little extra and also a little more sugar - thought what I added didn't really make it sweet. Low/non-fat items often substitute sugar for fat so that could be why this was still pretty tart, though I enjoyed that contrast with the sweetness of the banana I dipped in it. I also added a couple of drops of vanilla. Made for Best of 2010 Tag
WOW, Syd...this 'dip' has a variety of uses! I added some to a cream cheese smeared bagel. I topped a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and the grand finale: a neapolitan sundae, with a brownie bottom! The sauce was a bit tangy, which was a welcome addition to so much sweetness! I will definitely keep thinking of ways to share this with friends. Thanks for sharing with us, Sydney Mike!