Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
My family's favorite cook book is printed by the Bero flour company. These cookies are always popular.
- 4 ounces baking margarine
- 3 ounces soft light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 6 ounces self-raising flour
- 4 ounces plain chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Beat the butter till soft, add the sugar and beat till well mixed. I usually use a hand mixer.
- Add the syrup, flour, chocolate chips and milk and mix well.
- Grease two or three baking trays. Grab about a spoonful of mixture in your fingers at a time and roll into a 1 inch ball. Place on tray and squish flat.
- Place in oven preheated to 180C/350°F Bake for 8-10 minutes. When finished immediately transfer to a wire cooling rack.
Delicious! So easy to make. The recipe worked out perfectly. I can see them being devoured in record time.
An excellent, cookie, Kate. :) Easy to prepare and baked perfectly.. I'm not the best baker, so a cookie that turns out right is definitely a good cookie! :D I baked them in my convection microwave oven, which I have found gives me better results than in my oven. Thanks for a great recipe :D