Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from a bento box lunch offered from a local Japanese restaurant.
Make and share this Bento Box Stir-Fried Tofu, Noodles and Vegetables recipe from Food.com.
- 1 ounce soba noodles, uncooked
- 3 teaspoons low-sodium tamari, divided
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- pepper, to taste
- 1 nori, broken into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 0.5 (12 ounce) package extra firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 2 tablespoons carrots, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1⁄4 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- Cook noodles in boiling salted water 4 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again. Toss with 1 tsp tamari, sesame seeds, and sesame oil. Season with pepper, to taste.
- Stir together flour and garlic powder in medium bowl. Add tofu, and toss to coat. Season with pepper, to taste.
- Spray skillet with olive oil cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat, add tofu, and saute 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Transfer to plate and sprinkle with 1 tsp tamari.
- Return skillet to heat. Add 2 tbsp water and remaining 1 tsp tamari, then broccoli, carrots, and ginger. Stir and then cover. Simmer 3 minutes or until broccoli is warmed through.
- Pack soba noodles in 1 section of bento box or portable container. Sprinkle nori on top of noodles. Pack 1/2 cup tofu cubes and 1/2 cup broccoli/carrot mixture in other sections, reserving remaining tofu cubes and broccoli/carrot mixture for use in other lunch dishes. Fill in last section with edamame. Refrigerate, uncovered, until all ingredients are chilled thoroughly. Cover box, and refrigerate until ready to serve.